In response to the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Michigan-based Future of Learning Council, share five strategies for addressing challenges revealed by the pandemic.
The strategies were developed by looking at innovations policymakers and educators implemented as temporary strategies to better meet the needs of individual students. What of these temporary strategies can become more permanent solutions that will ensure systems are more resilient and equitable as our country rebuilds?
The five strategies for advancing student-centered innovation focus on:
- Building a culture of innovation
- Rethinking seat time and student engagement
- Creating transparent competency-based learning frameworks
- Establishing competency-based graduation pathways
- Balancing state assessment systems