Positioning Competency-Based Education as an Equity Strategy: Theory, Practice, and Evidence to Push the Field
Session Learning Outcomes:
- Be able to describe how CBE can be a de-tracking/equity strategy, based on research, theory, and implementation stories from KnowledgeWorks partnerships.
- Leave with a greater understanding of the indicators that may be used to capture whether and how much a CBE intervention promoted equity in specific populations.
- Be able to apply targeted “look-fors” when assessing how well a school or system is implementing CBE as an equity strategy.
- Eric Toshalis, Senior Director of Impact, KnowledgeWorks
- Virgel Hammonds, Chief Learning Officer, KnowledgeWorks