Individualized learning is one of the major areas of concentration within personalized learning and requires significant changes to school as we know it, moving from a seat-time model to one focused on true competency. In this introduction to individualized learning, Gene Kerns, Ed.D. will address the following questions:
- What are the three major components of individualized learning?
- Why move to a competency model?
- How does individualization work within or run counter to current educational policy?
- Does ESSA reference or even allow for individualization?
- How might an implementation of individualization best begin?
Participants will leave with a clearer understanding of the issues involved and a set of principles to get moving in the right direction. Dr. Kerns will field questions after his presentation.
This free online event will take place on April 27th at 3 p.m. EST and will benefit K-12 building and district administrators and educators. If you register but are unable to attend, audio and materials will be available after the event and participants will receive a Continuing Education Certificate.
Source Organization: EdWeb