This institute, hosted by the Center for Collaborative Education, will bring together teachers, administrators, and district professionals to learn about Quality Performance Assessment (QPA). QPA promotes educational equity by helping educators to rethink assessment through a culturally responsive lens and create systems that drive deeper learning for all students. Performance assessments enable students to engage in real-world topics and demonstrate their knowledge in multiple ways in order to prepare them for future success. During the four-day institute, participants will engage collaboratively to:
- Design culturally-responsive performance tasks and rubrics
- Facilitate the assessment validation process
- Analyze student work through scoring calibration
- Align instruction to the performance assessment
- Plan to bring QPA knowledge into their schools.
This four-day institute will take place July 17-20, 2017 at Simmons College in Boston, MA. Advance registration and payment is required.
Host Organization: Center for Collaborative Education