This virtual exhibit showcases student projects. It offers video, pictures, interviews, and articles to tell the story of the group projects students have designed to make a difference in their communities. Examples feature students in grade levels k-12. Topics include:
- Community-wide “Day of Peace” to raise awareness about gun violence
- State-wide literacy campaign
- Coral Reef restoration project
- Interviews of local civil rights heroes
- Creation of a wheelchair enhancement
These projects all feature authentic demonstration of learning in culminating activities, such as publication of a book to educate younger students, presentations to local government, or presentation at a national science fair. Teachers can use the examples to spark discussion and ideas. Students can also view the projects for inspiration.
Source Organization: EL Education