Navigating the Future of Learning is a ten-year forecast on the future of learning from KnowledgeWorks. This report presents the ways in which current societal shifts could shape education over the next ten years and beyond. Specifically it looks at the following drivers of change that may impact learning:
- Automating Choices: Artificial intelligence and algorithms are automating many aspects of our lives
- Civic Superpowers: Engaged citizens and civic organizations are seeking to rebalance power
- Accelerating Brains: People have increasing access to tools and insights that are reshaping our brains in intended and unintended ways
- Toxic Narratives: Outdated and misaligned systems and metrics of success are contributing to chronic health issues, including rising rates of mental illness among children
- Remaking Geographies: Communities are working to remake themselves in the face of deep transitions
This report, along with the included list of resources that informed the report and additional readings, will help educators, researchers, policy makers, and anyone interested in education envision the role they might play in the changing education landscape over the next decade.
Source Organization: KnowledgeWorks