Join JFF’s Student-Centered Learning Research Collaborative at the historic Biltmore Hotel in Providence, Rhode Island on October 10th and 11th to share new evidence for student-centered practices, gain insights about what works and may be worthy of scaling, and advance the field’s attention to equity.
In attendance will be the vanguard of leading researchers, educators, district officials, and youth who are driving the field of student-centered learning forward. At the convening, you’ll:
- Explore pre-release findings from recently concluded Research Collaborative studies and discuss their implications for practice and policy
- Examine the impact student-centered approaches are having on equity and help strategize action steps
- Learn about our new research projects and connect with the research teams who will be conducting them
- Engage with our team of youth researchers, supported in partnership with GripTape, who will be investigating student-centered learning practices and their impact on learners and communities
- Build relationships with colleagues, scholars, partners, and funders who are changing the education landscape to make it more student-centered.
- Learn more about our New Findings from the Student-Centered Learning Research Collaborative
A promise: this will NOT be a boring series of sit-and-get lectures—that’s not how we roll! Instead, we’ll be demonstrating learner-centered designs across the two-day event with interactive workshops, pop-up sessions, and experiential demonstrations of researched practices. Expect to be engaged, drawn in, and activated as we build solutions together.
For more information about this event, contact Melanie Mulvey at email@example.com.
Note: Research Collaborative members attending the October 12th grantee meeting should contact Melanie Mulvey at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration instructions.