What does the REMIQS (pronounced “re-mix”) do?
- Leverages longitudinal data systems to locate extraordinary schools in ordinary settings
- Moves beyond test scores to include: college/career readiness, school climate, cultural responsiveness,
civic engagement, student supports, disciplinary outcomes, attendance/absenteeism, pushout/graduation rates, teacher retention/turnover, SEL, faculty/staff characteristics, advanced course enrollment, college success, etc.
- Foregrounds equity — shows where underserved students are thriving
- Studies in depth what makes those schools so successful
- Changes the public conversation about what’s possible, and how to use data to get there
- Encourages more states and districts to gather better data